Visit to the Caminito del Rey from Seville
make your reservation
Enjoy with Naturanda one of the most requested excursions of the last years: The visit to the Caminito del Rey from Seville. This spectacular trail was built by the Sociedad Hidroeléctrica del Chorro to have an access between Salto del Gaitanejo and Salto del Chorro for the passage of operators, the transport of materials and the surveillance of the same.
The trekking of the Caminito del Rey is an exciting adventure that is a journey through time. time travel. . The Caminito del Rey is a journey through the Gaitanes Gorge with a length of 3 kilometers that has in some sections with a width of just 1 meter.
It begins in the municipality of Ardales, crosses the municipality of Antequera (province of Málaga), and ends in El Chorro (Álora). The route of the Caminito is vertiginous as it hangs from the vertical walls of the gorge, at an average height of 100 meters above the Guadalhorce River.
Its name dates back to 1921 when King Alfonso XIII King Alfonso XIII crossed this road after the inauguration of the Conde de Guadalhorce Dam . It was then that it began to be called El Caminito del Rey. With the passage of time and disuse, it deteriorated to a great extent and became the most dangerous path in Europe, causing numerous victims.
In 2014, rehabilitation work began on rehabilitation for regular traffic of visitors. A year later, a 7-kilometer route was opened to the public without any risk to pedestrians. The trekking route runs between the Guadalhorce-Guadalteba reservoir and the town of El Chorro. . A walk parallel to the railroad tracks where you can walk along and enjoy the the famous gorges of the Gaitanes and Gaitanejo. .
Once finished the Caminito del Rey, our transport will pick you up and take you to a restaurant in the area to have lunch and taste the typical gastronomy of the taste the typical gastronomy of the Sierra de Malaga or enjoy free time or enjoy free time to enjoy your own lunch or picnic if you wish.
After the rest and after enjoying the last views offered by this magnificent natural setting, We will head back to Seville, where we will arrive at approximately 7:00 pm. with the indelible memory of an extraordinary day.
- Regular tour Tue – Fri.
- High demand tour.
- Please check the reservation calendar for availability.
At 8:45 am at Street Trajano nº6, at 8:50 am at Hotel Don Paco (Plaza Padre Jerónimo de Córdoba nº4) and at 9:00 am at Street Rastro 12A. These pick-up points will be the same as the points of arrival at the end of the excursion. These schedules may vary depending on the schedule assigned to the tickets and according to capacity and weather conditions.
10 hours approximately.
Professional guide, transport to and from Seville and access to the Caminito del Rey.
In Naturanda we offer you the possibility of carrying out all our activities, excursions and visits for private groups. To give you more details you can tell us when you want to do the tour and how many people you are, we will be happy to assist you.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ORDER TO DO THE CAMINITO DEL REY’S TOUR:
- Clothing must be suitable for walking.
- Sports, trekking or hiking shoes (flip-flops, heels, etc. are forbidden).
- If you do not have the right footwear, you will not be able to do the activity.
- In summer, wear comfortable and breathable clothing.
- In winter, it is necessary to bring warm clothes or a mackintosh in case it rains.
- Bring a bottle of water to hydrate yourself during the route.
- The use of selfie sticks or tripods is not permitted, nor is entry with crutches / walking sticks and animals.
- Smoking is not allowed during the entire route.
- The minimum age to access the Caminito del Rey is 8 years old.
- As a general rule all our activities have a free cancellation policy up to 24 hours before the tour. In the case of Grenada this free cancellation policy is 48 hours.
- Need more information? Click on our Refund and Cancellation Policy for tours and activities .
If you wish, you can check the opinions of our clients on TripAdvisor or on our social networks.