Tour of the wineries in Jerez
Make your reservation
Jerez de la Frontera is the largest city in the province of Cadiz and is also home to one of the world’s most famous designations of origin, “Jerez – Xérès – Sherry“. It is home to the Sherry Regulatory Council, which also has two other quite important and well-known denominations of origin such as “Manzanilla – Sanlucar de Barrameda” and “Vinagre de Jerez”.
Jerez’s relationship with wine is more than 3000 years old, as there are documents from the first century BC that accredit the Phoenicians as the ones who brought the first vines here, coinciding with the foundation of Gades, the current Cadiz.
In this guided tour in wineries we will know one of the main wineries of the city, Gonzalez Byass, also known by many as “Tio Pepe”. Founded in 1835, the winery is located in the heart of Jerez, next to the Cathedral and the Alcazar, making it one of the points of reference for visitors.
During the hour and a half tour, and accompanied by an official local guide, we will get to know the different parts of the beautiful and historical site where the winery is located. Its gardens and halls now host a multitude of events that take place in Jerez such as congresses, weddings or communions.
As we go through the different rooms where the casks are stored, we will learn about the process of making the different wines that are produced, with its unique system in the world of “solera and criadera”, and of course, to complete the visit we can enjoy a tasting of the most representative wines of this authentic cathedral of wine in Jerez.
- Regular tour Tue – Wed – Thu – Fri – Sat.
- You can check the availability in the reservation calendar.
- You can reserve a tour up to 10 hours before the start time.
- Consult the calendar to check the visiting time.
- The Meeting point is Manuel María González street nº12, Jerez de la Frontera (Cádiz).
2 hours approximately
Professional guide, guided tour in the winery and wine tasting.
At Naturanda we offer you the possibility to carry out all our activities, excursions and visits for private groups. For more details, please contact us.
- As a general rule, all our activities have a cancellation policy up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. In the case of Grenade, this free cancellation policy is 48 hours.
- Need more information? Click on our Refund and cancellation policy for tours and activities.
If you wish you can consult our section of frequently asked questions by clicking here.
If you wish, you can consult the opinions of our customers on TripAdvisor or on our social networks.