Exclusive Exploration: Unveiling the Hidden Gems of Maria Luisa Park and Plaza de España
Make your reservation
Maria Luisa Park is the first urban park in Seville and one of the city’s important green spots as well as one of its most photographic and visual natural spaces.
Originally, it belonged to the private gardens of the Infanta María Luisa Fernanda, Duchess of Montpensier – who lived today the Palace of San Telmo, who donated it to the city of Seville in 1914, also related to King Alfonso XII.
A few years later it would become a Site of Cultural Interest in the category of Historic Garden, serving a French landscape designer. Within it is the Plaza de España, built by Aníbal González for the Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929. It was designed as the largest site built for the event and symbolizes the embrace of the old American territories.
During our private route we will enter María Luisa Park to enjoy the lush gardens, appreciate its careful details and be surprised by the design of its fountains and ceramics. Walking along its paths is like visiting the Ibero-American Exhibition of 1929.
The official guide of Naturanda will explain the natural and architectural meaning of the different spaces and discover the secrets and curiosities that go unnoticed by pedestrians, visiting the Plaza de España, the “palace gardens” is a user experience that should not pass up for being culturally very enriching, and do not miss the connection with Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer.
We will visit in detail the Plaza de España and Plaza de América, trying to understand the works designed by Forestier and Aníbal González, where we will make a historical review of the life of some of the most illustrious Sevillians and the history of the 20th century of the city of Seville .
- Regular tour Tue – Sun.
- You can check the availability in the reservation calendar.
- You can reserve a tour up till 10 hours before the start time.
- At 5:00 pm during winter time.
- At 7:00 pm during summer time
- The meeting point is the Glorieta de San Diego fountain, Av. de María Luisa, 41013 Seville (92H6+G6 Seville).
- See on google map the meeting point.
2 hours approximately
Walking tour through the Maria Luisa Park and the Plaza de España accompanied by a professional guide.
At Naturanda we offer you the possibility to carry out all our activities, excursions and visits for private groups. For more details, please contact us.
- As a general rule, all our activities have a cancellation policy up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. In the case of Grenade, this free cancellation policy is 48 hours.
- Need more information? Click on our refund and cancellation policy for tours and activities.
If you wish you can consult our section of frequently asked questions by clicking here.
If you wish, you can consult the opinions of our customers on TripAdvisor or on our social networks.