Explore the magical sea of the Strait of Gibraltar: Dolphin and Whale Encounter
Situated just 13 km from the Moroccan coast, Tarifa is one of the main crossing points of the Straits of Gibraltar. It is also a very popular destination for the quality of its beaches which can be enjoyed for a large part of the year thanks to the warm climate of these lands.
You will start your adventure at the departure point where we will equip you with everything you need to enjoy whale watching in the Strait of Gibraltar. During 2 and a half hours, you will enjoy a trip to observe and learn about the fascinating world of cetaceans.
The Straits of Gibraltar is an area declared a Biosphere Reserve, and although there are up to seven different species of cetaceans: whales and dolphins are the most common.
Its geographical location is privileged, as you will find yourself between two continents: Africa and Europe and right, between two countries: Morocco and Spain; and right where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Mediterranean Sea.
- Every day from the end of February to the beginning of November, subject to weather conditions. You can check the exact availability in the booking calendar.
- Reservation available up to 10h before the start time.
12:00h y 17:00h ( Timetable conditional on tides).
Turmares Tarifa (C. Alcalde Juan Núñez, 3). We recommend that you arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the start of the activity.
The performance of the activity may be affected by weather conditions.
The sighting takes approximately 2 hr 30 min.
- Fully equipped boats for whale watching.
- A specialised marine biologist guide during the sighting.
Spanish, English and French.
At Naturanda we offer you the possibility of carrying out all our activities, excursions and visits for private groups. To give you more details, please contact us.
- Whale watching in the Straits of Gibraltar is an activity that can be done by all public (children and pregnant women too). If the weather conditions are not suitable for them, they will be informed in advance.
- We advise you to wear comfortable clothing and footwear, avoiding, if possible, boarding with beach flip-flops, some warm clothing and sun protection.
- The departure time and the tour may be subject to sea and weather conditions.
- We recommend that you bring water and comfortable shoes. In hot weather, we recommend that you bring sun cream as well as a change of clothes.
- Please do not forget to bring your passport with you. The company is not responsible for problems in the documentation of the clients at the time of access to Gibraltar.
- As a general rule all our activities have a free cancellation policy up to 24 hours before the tour.
- If you do not have a passport or vaccination certificate or documentation required for entry into Gibraltar, no refund will be accepted.
- Need more information? Click on our Refund and Cancellation Policy for tours and activities.