What will we see to Caminito del Rey?
Make your reservation
Discover with Naturanda El Caminito del Rey, one of the most demanded tourist visits of recent years in Andalusia. Walking on the paths enabled on the walls of the gorge is really impressive. A tour in a unique natural environment through an impressive path that crosses the Gorge of the Gaitanes, in the province of Malaga.
The name of El Caminito del Rey dates back to 1921 when King Alfonso XIII crossed the road, after the inaguration of the dam of the Count of Guadalhorce, a route covered by the Chorro Hydroelectric Society. The passage of time and its disuse caused it to deteriorate greatly and become the most dangerous path in Europe, causing several victims.
After a magnificent restoration work, the Caminito del Rey was again inaugurated in 2015 and is currently perfectly passable without any risk, with a part built taking advantage of what was built by the Chorro station Hydroelectric Society.
The route runs between the Guadalhorce-Guadalteba reservoir with areas with a width of just 1 meter, and the town of El Chorro. It is a walk in parallel to the railroad tracks where you can walk and enjoy the famous route of the Gaitanes gorge and the Gaitanejo.
The group will depart from the municipality of Ardales until it ends in Álora. The tour will be along those 7 kilometers conditioned that will take approximately two and a half hours to complete and that will be full of emotions and surprises.
A beautiful experience for nature lovers, with spectacular landscapes and stunning photographs that you can take.
- Regular tour Tue – Fri on availability (High demand excursion).
- Occasionally we make this tour on other dates so we recommend you check the reservation calendar to see availability.
- Reservation available 60 days in advance (To make reservations less than 60 days in advance, contact us to check availability).
The meeting point is at Restaurante El Kiosko, Parque Ardales, Pantano El Chorro, s/n, 29550 Ardales, Málaga. Please note that schedules and meeting point may vary depending on the schedule assigned to the entrances and according to capacity and weather circumstances.
4 hours approximately.
Professional guide and access to Caminito del Rey.
At Naturanda we offer you the possibility to carry out all our activities, excursions and visits for private groups. For more details, please contact us.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ORDER TO DO THE CAMINITO DEL REY’S TOUR:
- Clothing must be suitable for walking.
- Sports, trekking or hiking shoes (flip-flops, heels, etc. are forbidden).
- If you do not have the right footwear, you will not be able to do the activity.
- In summer, wear comfortable and breathable clothing.
- In winter, it is necessary to bring warm clothes or a mackintosh in case it rains.
- Bring a bottle of water to hydrate yourself during the route.
- The use of selfie sticks or tripods is not permitted, nor is entry with crutches / walking sticks and animals.
- Smoking is not allowed during the entire route.
- The minimum age to access the Caminito del Rey is 8 years old.
- Not suitable for people with vertigo.
- As a general rule, all our activities have a cancellation policy up to 24 hours before the start of the tour. In the case of Grenade, this free cancellation policy is 48 hours.
- Need more information? Click on our Refund and cancellation policy for tours and activities.
If you wish you can consult our section of frequently asked questions by clicking here.
If you wish, you can consult the opinions of our customers on TripAdvisor or on our social networks.